Sunday, July 3, 2011

H

Well I'm home. Actually I have been home for two weeks but have been so busy lately I have not updated. :( People keep asking me if I'm ready to go back and the truth is yes, but at the same time no. I have a list of things I missed while I was in China so here they are...........

Western Toilets- In Chenzhou NOwhere except for your hotel has a western toilet!! And the Chinese do not believe in toilet paper or hand soap. Sounds clean, right?

My bed- I missed my nice, comfy, soft bed. Instead of sleeping on, well, a smooth rock. Okay, they were hard but I slept fine on them so it wasn't THAT bad.

Texting- Alright, I sound like a total teenager when I say that but its hard when your all alone in China without your friends.

Food- I missed the greasy, buttery, salty, oily, fried American food. Saucy meats and vegetables get tiring after two weeks of them.

Family- (sigh) Yea, I missed my annoying brother, and my pestering sisters. (And my Dad) I missed my friends and grandparents too. And I missed my puppy dog <3

So just a few things I missed while I was gone.

But when I had to carry around kleenex because I was gonna have to go on a squatty potty, baby's were being loved.

And when my back ached every morning cause of the bed, orphan's got to feel a hug.

And when I was without a phone, kids were getting kisses for the first time.

And when my family was on the other side of the world, orphan's got to feel just a little bit of what a family might be like.

Well that makes me feel guilty.

So I'm home just so everyone knows.

Well I'm "home" for now................

No comments:

Post a Comment