Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 1 Leaving

So the day started out with me and mom running through the house packing everything we could find. Every time we thought we were ready mom would run in saying "oh did ya get the..." or me yelling "I forgot my..." but luckily we still got to the church where we were meeting our group on time. We have eight people from our church going it's me, mom, Tammy, Amy, Christie, Francine, Tim, and Carmen. We drove to the airport feeling lucky that it was gonna be cool in San fransico it was hot! Anyway at the airport we said goodbye to loved ones and went through security. We had to take out our electronics and shoes! Shoes? Really? What happens to us people with stinky feet? Back to the point. We got on the plane fine and for my first time flying since I was like five it was pretty awesome! Me and Carmen played truth or dare which included her brushing my teeth, counting my toes and me preposing to my mom. Yea it was an interesting plane ride. When we were finally in San fransico we went for our luggage. Now what's the first thing that comes to mind when you see this "seven girls one guy and twenty-six suitcases (full of donations for the orphanage) walking through the airport" Now I know what your thinking "normal" right? Ok ok lots of odd looks is what we got. But when you live with four siblings two of those being crazy five year olds normal is so overrated. :P So now we are waiting outside in the rain for our shuttle. After an hour of waiting we FINALLY got one. Once at the hotel we started to check in but found out that we were at the wrong hotel! All that waiting to find out we are at the wrong hotel? So after lots and I mean LOTS of confusion we finally got into our hotel and we fell asleep at 1:00 (actually in St Louis it was 3:00am)

A very long day but we filled it with fun and laughter. I know that the Lord was with us all the way protecting us and keeping us safe. Thank you for your prayers.

DAY 1 pictures

                                      Mom, Carmen, and me ready to leave! Awesome!
                           Up up and away! (just so you know I'm the amazing photographer)
                     Awww Francine's asleep! (she is gonna kill me for putting this on here)
                                    This is most of our luggage.  I know we look awesome!
                                                  Tim and his luggage cart! HeHe!
                                       Okay I was bored and slap happy! Don't judge me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment