Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 13 Sheperd's Feild

We had to take a two hour bus ride to get to our next orphanage.

    We were in Beijing which at the beginning of the trip felt foreign but now after being in chenzhou was almost as good as home. (I did say almost!)
      We were already missing the kids from the Chenzhou Orphanage so we were glad to see more baby's!    When we got there we unloaded ALL of our donations and met the directors. (Who this time were American's! English, Yes!) We had some lunch and looked around there gift shop. The gift shop has some really cool things and all proceeds they make goes to the orphanage. After that we got a tour of the place. And let me tell ya this place is awesome! Its got lots of room for the kids and its just amazing. The other thing about this orphanage is all special needs kids. We were ready to see the kids though. We were split into groups and we were off. My group went into a room with five kids in it at that moment. They were adorable! We played with the kids for a while and looked around you could totally see  the difference between this orphanage and the other one!
    
     After our long day there we headed back and ate dinner at a place near our hotel. But me, Lori, Christy, Tammy, and mom werent ready for bed yet, we were headed to the mall! Muwahahaha! This mall had nine floor's of shop's I repeat NINE floors! This place would be a shopoholic's dream!
          Just for fun we took and escalator from the bottom floor all the way to the ninth floor we thought we were totally awesome. After shopping a while we went into a store, and what song was blaring loudly inside? Well it was none other than 'Baby' by Justin Beiber! I mean really? They cant even understand this music! And they were all singing along with the music! Sheesh! Even on the other side of the world I can get away from this guy!
   Anyway as we were walking through the stores we see a little sign that says 'ColdStone Creamery'. COLDSTONE CREAMERY! We almost had a heart attack. And no we weren't dreaming! Lori made my mom promise we would come back after we were done shopping. Oh Yeah, like my mom wouldn't come back for her favorite ice cream shop ever after we hadn't had American food for almost two weeks. Yeah do ya think we came back?
    
  What an exciting way to end our day!
 
    I think we are all finally over jetlag by now. I really am gonna miss china. In some ways I'm ready to go back but in some ways I don't want the trip to already be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment