Saturday, June 11, 2011

San Francisco Day 2

So to start off our day we all got together to eat our free breakfast. Now I know what your wondering “Free breakfast? How?” Well I will tell you how! So last night after our mishap Francine decided that we deserved some free breakfast. So she went over to the manager and had a little talking with him. But in the battle of  Francine and the hotel manager, Francine won! She got us ALL free breakfast! GO FRANCINE!!!
       After our scrumptious breakfast we all agreed we wanted  to visit Alcatraz. (that’s an old prison I just found out ) So off we went to the  front desk to ask. By now I’m sure the front desk was really tired of us. Hehe!  But when mom asked them about a tour they just laughed and said “Those tours were sold out months ago! Hahahahaha!”
Well, so much for that idea!
So instead we settled for a 3 ½ hour tour that took us to some other cool places.  We got to see Fisherman’s Worf, China Town, The crookedest rode, The Golden Gate Bridge, and here comes my favorite, Ghiradeli Square!! CHOCOLATE!! We got to get out and look around these places too.
       When we stopped at Fisherman’s Worf and Ghiradeli Square we could walk around to the pier and stuff. But we couldn’t do both Fisherman’s Worf  and Ghiradeli Square cause we were limited on time. Most everyone wanted to see Fisherman’s Worf, but not me. I mean…Water or Chocolate. Fish or Caramal. Seals or Free samples. I think you get the picture. My mom makes fun of me and says “TEENAGERS” Well :P to her!
      So a 3 ½ hour tour might be fun and interesting for the first hour but after a while it gets a little boring and then a little more boring and then a little more boring until you think you can take it no longer! And I couldn’t! So what do you think my mom said? “TEENAGERS!”
      After our long and um exciting tour me and my mom had to go to the airport to pick up the next member of our group.  Elissa a girl who went on the Chenzhou mission trip last year.
        So after all this we were hungry. So we decided to go to a diner across the street from our hotel. Now we had some small problems with this place. First of all there were no fountain soda’s just cans and I’m telling ya these soda’s must have come from the land were you eat butterfly’s and poop rainbows cause they were exspensive! That would be srike one. Second of all the seats were ripped and the menus were practically in half! That’s strike two. And thirdly we were shooing bugs away from our faces! Our f-a-c-e-s! Strike three and your out! We walked back over to the hotel and ate there which was good.
     Katie and Shawn arrived after dinner they were the tenth and eleventh members of our team and then we picked up megan (another girl who went on the trip last year) at the airport who makes twelve.
                Our group is almost complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment