Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 3 China Here We Come

Weooh! Weooh! Weooh! I woke up right away as I heard the sirens! I glanced at the clock 3:30am. Weooh! "Fire?" I thought. Me, mom, and Amy sat up at the same time.  Mom's arms were flying around looking for something! She picked up her phone. Really? Her phone at a time like this? She quickly hit a button and all noise stopped. Then I remembered I had set the alarm on moms phone to a siren sound. Well that was kinda stupid. And yes you read right 3:30am!
  We had to leave the hotel with all of our luggage by 4:30am so we were up bright and early. When we got there we started checking our suitcases.(That means big suitcases that you don't take with you on the plane.)     
 Each person got two big suitcases to check. But when we counted it all out we were short one! We counted over and over again but no suitcase appeared. So some of us headed off to the lost and found. And even though it took a very long while we found our bag, and were on the plane just in time.
  We flew to Vancouver, Canada. When we got there mom decided that we needed to find some Canadian food. (preferably cheese soup which she had tried at Disney Worlds, Epcot, Canada) But no soup was found. Not even one Canadian restruant at the Canadian airport! Not even CANADIAN BACON!!! But we got over it.
  Next stop was china. 
  We get on the plane and just so you know every time you go on a plane you have to walk through the first class section and see what there getting then go back into your own seats and figure out how much nicer theres is than yours! But our seats were kinda nice. (Not compared to first class though) We had our own mini touch screen T.V. on every seat! That we thought was pretty awesome. And the eleven ours started. It was quite the experience. We got little T.V. dinner type things complete with bread, fruit and cake, I can now say that I have used an airplane bathroom, and I got to watch “I am sam” with mom. She sobbed through the whole thing! And throughout the whole trip I didn't sleep a wink! ;)
We landed at 4:00pm in China (3:00am my usual time) We were all so tire from jetlag walking through the airport we probably looked like American zombies!
We met up with our last member of the team, Lori at the airport. She was the only one who was actually awake. We also met our guide, Kita there to. She was very sweet.  
When we checked into our hotel I found out that the beds are rock hard in China. Literally! And the pillow felt like it was stuffed with rice. :P
  We went somewhere for dinner but we were all so tired we don't even remember what we ate! I probably ate squid and donkey butt for all I know! (But I hope not)
  You know the feeling when your eyelids are so heavy you can barely keep them open? Well try feeling like that just like 10x worse AND try walking around the busy streets of China!
But I mean give us a break we had been up over 24 hours and it was like 5:00am on our normal time!  
After we sleepily walked home Tammy and Lori came to our room to help divide luggage for the donations. We had three orphanages to visit and a bunch of donations to split between them.  So they were splitting up the donations for each orphanage. I fell asleep with them still working at 10:00 but they said they didn't go to bed till midnight!
So even though we are tired and just ready to sleep till next week we are still all so ready to go and do what God has planned for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment