Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 14 Great Wall

I bet most of you who are reading this probably have not tried to climb the Great Wall of China, well guess who has! Yeah, you guessed ME that's who! Some people like me were ready to climb to the top while others were a little heisitant to climb and would rather "slide" up. Don't ask me about the sliding. That's just what our guide for the day had said (Fong had something so we got a new guide for the day) "You can climb up it or you can slide up it" We tried to ask her what she meant by it but she didn't understand. Then she told us that we could take a slide down! Awesome! I was so ready! When we got there, there was an easy way and a hard way. Well hahahahahahaha ha I laugh at easy. (I picked the hard way if you didn't already guess.) So we started up. Well I must admit it was steep and maybe a little, teeny, bit was hard, but I was gonna do it! And mom probably knowing I would never let her forget it if she gave up, kept going. And I bet even more of you who are reading this have not made it to the top of the Great Wall, well guess who did! Yup, you guessed again, ME! And to prove it I have a cheap box, with a cheap fake piece of gold with my name carved into it, so there ha! Okay, I wasn't alone Lori, Carmen, Tammy, Amy, Katie, Shawn, Elyssa, Megan, and mom made  it also. Oh, and I should probably say something about the view, it was really pretty, actually it was amazing. Alright so after we get up there we find out that the slide was on the other side!!! So we have to walk down it!! So down we go. And I highly doubt that any of you reading this have skipped down the Great Wall, well guess who has. Uh huh, you got this, ME! And yeah, I fell on my butt and chinese people laughed at me, and yeah I got yelled at by my mom to hold on to the wall, and yeah, I probably made a fool of myself. But it was FUN! I bet most of you reading this have not stood on the side of the Great Walls edges that are, well high, well guess who has! I bet you didn't guess, the guy in front of us! (But trust me I asked if I could)
   After that great adventure we headed to the silk market. Its kind of hard to explain its this huge place full with all differant people selling all differant things. And they had EVERYTHING! As you walk through the aisles every person selling something wants you to buy from there store. Here are some helpful hints
-Don't look the seller in the eyes EVER
-Don't look at an object unless you are sure you want to buy it
-Don't EVER point at anything in a store
-Don't talk about something you see at there store to close to them

 I learned all those the hard way. Let me tell the chinese might be small but the are mighty I was drug into a store by my arms more than once! We got a few things there, we decided we were done when we were called "A crabby old lady." or "Idiots," by one seller. (We didn't buy from her)

   After that adventure we went to see the 'Beijing Acrobats' Our seats were okay. Those people can bend there bodies in ways I didn't know was humanly possible! I was aching just watching! Do your knees belong on your shoulders? Okay, they didn't all do that. Some jumped through hoops, and others did bicycle tricks. At one point they brought this big spinning whatchamucallit out and two guys were running on it! I was so jealous! I guess I shouldn't plan on getting that in my Christmas stocking though cause my mother gasped EVERY time they pretended to fall!
       So we are enjoying out last day in China cause tomorrow we leave for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment