Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 1 at the orphanage


I've never been very good with words.

So writing a blog about today isn't going to be very easy.

I guess I can start with, WE GOT TO GO TO THE ORPHANAGE TODAY!!!!

Its good to be "home"

It was kinda like a family reunion.

Except that there are SO many new kids.

Thinking about it is kinda sad.

But being there made me so happy.

I've been waiting an entire year to be back here!

And when I saw the orphanage for the first time, the feeling was amazing.

I cant even describe it.

When i first walked in, a little boy named Taylors face lit up and he gave me a big hug.

Out translator, Steve, asked him if he remembered my mom and I, and he said he did.

That was awesome.

I got to see a lot of other kids that were there last year also.

It was cool seeing them again but also sad knowing that they are still there a year later.

Most of the kids in the orphanage have some kind of special need.

We got to stay at the orphanage for a few hours then had to leave for lunch.

Lunch was good.

I just want to let everyone to know that we made everyone who sat at our table eat one of these hot peppers that were on the eggplant. Everyone at our table ate one, even though they were hot, we had people crying!

Anyway after lunch we got to go back to the orphanage.

I got to spend some time in the baby room where I found my little baby, Jake, from last year.

He went from being a sickly little baby last year to being a nice healthy boy this year.

It was hard to recognize him!

After spending time with the babies I went back into the older kid room.

I held a little girl who had been tied to a bench by her hands because when they untie her she would start chewing on her hands.

The poor girl didn't even know how to drink from a straw!

I had to help her and in the process got milk and slobber all over myself.

But by this point i don't even care anymore.

After not enough time we headed back to the hotel for dinner.

We also had a surprise birthday party for our team member Emily!

Happy Birthday Emily!

Once we had our devotion and prayer together in a hotel room everyone headed back to there rooms.

Apparently some people are still tired from jet lag.

Being here is so amazing.

Any doubts or complaints i may have had yesterday, were all gone once i saw those kids.

(One of those complaints would be that we are still missing some of our luggage so some people are missing there things, so please pray that they'll find it.)

It was a great first day!

Thanks for the prayers!







No comments:

Post a Comment