Friday, July 5, 2013

So many reasons to smile

Its official.

I don't want to leave.

I want to stay here.

Even if I am drained.

Physically and emotionally.

I want to stay.



I can't believe its Friday night already.

Today was a really good day for me.

Breakfast was okay.

I still like American breakfast better than Chinese.

Chinese breakfast pretty much includes weird pastries, meats, and noodles.

Anyway.

This morning at the orphanage was great!

We took all the older kids outside to blow bubbles.

I think everyone, both us and the kids, had a lot of fun.

The kids LOVED blowing the bubbles.

After we spent time with the bubbles the nannies gathered us all into a circle to play a game.

The game was sorta like duck, duck goose.

Except if you got picked you had to go in the middle of the circle and sing a song.

The kids were so excited!

It was amazing!

When the game was finally over we brought the kids inside to start on 4th of July day crafts.

They had no idea why everything was red, white and blue.



But its the thought that counts right?

Lunch was pretty good.

The team spent a lot of time talking about the kids and what we could do to help them.

When we got back to the orphanage for the second time, we headed to the baby room.



We always start out in the baby room in the afternoon, but I always seem to wonder back down to the older kids.

I love the babies, but I just love connecting with the older kids.

I had SO much fun playing with the older kids this afternoon!

Taylor, a little 8 yr old boy was fixing my hair for me! He made sure it was out of my eyes so I could see!



He is so sweet!

I also had fun playing with Dennis (8 yr old boy) and Dora (3 yr old girl) . We ran around and tickled each other until we were all so tired we had to take a break.

I even got Dora to call me Kenna.



That made me so happy.

There are just SO many reasons to smile!

I know that there is still so much brokeness in the orphanage, but sometimes its good to just step back and take a look at all the good things that are happening on this trip.

I love this place.

I really do.

And I'm already dreading leaving.

But for now, I'm happy.

Happy to be here.

Just happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment