Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 1: China!!!!!


I’m in China.

Finally.

The day started with Amy. Monte, Mom, and me all on a plane to Detroit  where we met up with the rest of our group. Then all ten members of the team hopped on the 15 hour plane ride to China.

 And if you were wondering......

Yes, 15 hours is a VERY long time to be sitting on a plane.

 A VERY long time. 

Last year the plane ride was only 10 hours. 

5 hours makes a big difference. 

BIG difference. 

15 hours in one seat.

The only time you can get up is to go to the bathroom.

That's it.

 I slept an hour. 

I was awake on a plane for 14 hours!!! 

I had to entertain myself. 

Luckily they had a huge selection of movies. 

Example. Hunger Games was a movie.

Yes I watched it. 

It was awesome. 

Anyway.

I’m in CHINA!

Guess that didn’t really hit me until I was half way through the plane ride thinking there was no possible way I was gonna make it through the next seven hours alive.

Anyway I DID survive.

And I'm back! 

We are in Shanghai.

We will be in Chenzhou in a few days. 
 
  I have been waiting a whole year for this trip!!

I cannot wait to see all the kids!

 Just thought I should let everyone know that we are here. 

We are safe.

Please keep praying for us! 

Oh and I'm hoping I can get pictures up soon. If I can get them to work.  

Thanks. 

Bye.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you qnd don't let mom spend all of our money. Love you dad

    ReplyDelete