Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why?


Why?

That’s the main thought on my mind right now.

Why?

The question I keep asking myself.

Why are there orphans? 

DSC_1992


 Why did God send this group of ten to this orphanage?

DSC_1899

 

Why did these kids get so attached to us?

 Why did we get so attached to them? 

DSC_1904


Why do I wake up every morning healthy, in a soft comfy bed, in my own room, full of useless junk.

Why do I have a closet full of clothes, half of which I don’t even wear?

Why do I have a pantry full of food and still complain about there being nothing to eat?

Why do I have a family?

Why did I grow up in church?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why do these kids wake up every day sick and hurting, on a hard bed, in a room full of other kids? 

DSC_1920



Why do these kids wear the same clothes day after day?

Why do these kids have to eat mush for lunch?

Why are these kids orphans?

DSC_1925



Why are these kids so desperate for attention?

Why am I sitting here asking myself questions?

But even though I don’t know the answers to these questions, I’m not going to give up.

I can’t go home being depressed and without hope.

Hope is all I have.

Hope that I will see this orphanage again. 

 Because I know I will.

And even though I don’t know the answers to these “Whys?”

I can trust God.

That he has a special plan for each one of these kids. 

DSC_1924


 So maybe I should stop asking God ”why?” and start asking him “how?”

How can I help these kids?

How can I help the nannies?

How can I be a better servant for you?


2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are mature beyond your years May God hear your prayers and answer your hows. We still think your love to Lulu last year made such a difference. Thank you. Blessings to you! The Hatcher Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a tender heart and all of you ladies have made such a clear impact at Chenzhou!! Hoping to be able to join you all sometime in the future! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete