Thursday, July 12, 2012

No complaints


I’m hot.

I’m sweaty.

I’m dirty.

I’m tired.

I’m happy.

Because I’m in China., serving God. And having SO much fun doing it!

That wasn’t supposed to be a list of complaints.

At first it was.

I was thinking of all the “bad” things about the trip.

But then I realized

This trip isn’t about me.

Or any of the members.

This trip is about the kids.

The nannies.

Our guide.

And at the end of the day…..

The heat.

I have water. Its not unbearable.

The sweat.

No big deal.

The dirt.

I can take a shower.

The exhaustion.

I can sleep at some point.

I’m serving God, I have NO reason to complain.

I can’t complain.

Because the kids

There smiles

There laughs

There joy

When your around them

The complaints

Gone.

Not to try and make you bored or anything.

I just want people to understand, how amazing this is.

And on that happy note

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Makenna!!! You conveyed your message to all of us back here at home perfectly!!! :) Hugs- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodnight Makenna(= btw... its 4:05pm lol!!! jk(= We all miss you and-just for the record- I knew I should have come in one of ur suitcases!!! it sounds amazing!!! =D Have fun!! and don't forget to hug some kids for me!!! (= <3
    ~~Emily (=

    ReplyDelete